Sunday, July 25, 2004

Stuff

Life


This weekend I went to my sisters housewarming in Ebberup, Fyn; I arrived late Friday post-work and came back late this Sunday afternoon, it was very relaxing; nice and insightful people; and draught beer; good stuff, all in all.



img_2246.jpg
My almost-10-month-old nephew Harald


“Fork”


After the controversial story made headlines I dropped by to lurk on the #goneme channel on freenode and man, this beats Ricki Lake. Talk about misguided individuals; very entertaining, however from another, more correct perhaps, perspective it’s pretty sad; it could be interesting to figure out what is making these people tick. It’ll be interesting to see oGALAXYo lead this project, see how he will handle this. Stay tuned for the next installment! I know I will..



img_2255.jpg
Stuck in a queue today


Project Utopia, HAL


Last week the proposed modules for GNOME 2.8 was discussed on desktop-devel-list and it seems that g-v-m, which will pull in HAL and stuff, received some pretty good comments. Great!


Otherwise I’ve been in Project Mgmt mode; right now I’m updating the spec; it’s more fun writing code though. I’ve felt kind of inactive the last week, maybe it’s just this that Joel describes so well.


And J5 is rocking on the 1:N stuff for GNOME VFS and Nautilus; he got the most important parts in before the freeze. Also Ray Strode have been hacking on fstab-update.sh in C. Sweet, just sweet. Oh, and there’s good discussion on the hfdb mailing list, also cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment